In 2019, the Board of Directors, in partnership with the community, developed a three-year strategic plan to help guide Fairview Parkwood Communities into the future.
The focus of the plan was to build on capacity on many various fronts and over the three years, despite two years of the pandemic, the goals of the strategic plan were realized through the launch of the kindness initiative, introduction of the home and community program at Fairview and Parkwood, building a partnership with two Ontario Health Teams, plans for growth at Parkwood through the affordable housing project and the expansion of an additional 108 long-term care bed at Fairview.
As the 2019 – 2021 strategic plan came to an end, the Board of Directors worked in consultation with representatives from the community, residents, tenants, staff, board and health partners to develop our 2022 – 2025 Strategic Plan: Unleashing Capacity.
A critical step to developing the plan was the defining of our strategic goals based on our values of kindness, faith, truth, excellence and accountability.
- Spirituality: building on our values, re-energize, strengthen and expand relationships with faith-based organizations to meet the communities’ needs for the future.
- Relationships: build health human resource capacity to provide kind, quality care and respond to growth opportunities.
- Communication: strengthen branding and marketing to increase awareness of our stellar reputation, programs and services to position Fairview Parkwood Communities as a home, employer and partner of choice.
- Growth: building on our strengths, unleash capacity to grow our programs and campuses.
- Sustainability: generate financial, IT and risk mitigation resources that will maintain and expand quality programs and services.
Our ambitious new plan builds on the kindness, courage and leadership that characterizes our team and community to help secure and sustain our two campuses well into the future.
Each year, each community develops an annual Operational Plan to drive the Strategic Plan forward. For both communities, this year’s plan includes a significant focus on covid recovery. Copies of the Operational Plan are posted in the home, and we encourage you to learn about the 2022 – 2023 plan.
Elaine Shantz, CEO