Mission, Vision and Values
Parkwood Mennonite Home seeks to provide services that meet the ever-changing physical, spiritual, social and emotional needs of each resident.
We believe in:
- The sacredness of life and dignity of all people
- The right of every resident to security and independence
- The uniqueness of each resident
We are committed to:
- Providing a Christian environment with opportunities for worship, fellowship and growth
- Providing an environment that enables residents to maintain optimal physical, emotional, and social well-being
- Being a resource to the community with programs, activities, and events that meet the needs of a changing, older society
- Providing a community that supports the concerns, gifts, abilities, and visions of all members of the Parkwood community
- Valuing the unique contribution made by residents, staff, volunteers, and physicians to the overall environment of the facility
- Promoting an organizational spirit by encouraging participation, responsibility, continued learning and mutual respect
Parkwood Seniors Community is a “faith-based” organization. What does this mean?
The “Mennonite” in our name refers to the Mennonite branch of the Christian faith. Parkwood is operated by a group of 22 Mennonite congregations and 1 Brethren-in-Christ congregation from in-and-around the Waterloo Region. So, the religious beliefs of those churches – that is, their “faith base” – is part of who we are as an organization. And those beliefs shape how we approach our work and our care of residents.
For more information about our supporting churches who are Mennonite, check this website: http://home.mennonitechurch.ca
The Parkwood Symbol
The heart and two leaves represent the spiritual, physical and mental qualities of the resident. The circle represents the community, home and staff, which provide an environment for nurture and growth.