Welcome to Parkwood's long-term care home
Parkwood Mennonite Home is a welcoming, not-for-profit Long-Term Care Home that provides compassionate, kind, quality care for 96 residents. The home offers 58 private and 19 shared rooms.
Parkwood has three resident home areas with 32 beds each to provide for the diverse needs of residents: Snyder’s Corner, Weber Woods, and Bauman Homestead.
When you arrive, our staff will meet with you and your family to develop your plan of care and update that plan annually or as required. Family members are encouraged to join our voluntary Family Council.
The cultural diversity of our staff allows them to communicate in many different languages.
Francophones are encouraged to apply to Parkwood which was identified as a French Language Services (FLS) Provider on January 8, 2021 by Ontario Health, West Region. Parkwood is building its capacity to support Francophone residents in French.
Care for body, mind and spirit
Residents enjoy a range of services and amenities to support their health, safety, comfort and security.
Residents’ rooms are comfortably furnished with a bed, night table, lamp, wardrobe, dress and chair. Low profile windowsills provide views of the neighbourhood and brighten each room. We encourage residents to bring family photos, pictures and mementos to personalize their room. Each resident is also provided with a ‘memory box’ at the entrance of their room to display their cherished treasures.
Rooms are cleaned daily and general laundry services are provided for all residents.
Residents have full use of the many amenities on campus, including the Health and Wellness Centre, dining room, a hair salon and spa, games and activities rooms and spiritual care.
Take advantage of the comfortable lounge areas and beautiful walking paths, gardens and benches to enjoy a visit, indoors and outdoors.
Special events, like monthly birthday parties and ice cream days, are held throughout the year. Residents are encouraged to enjoy the amenities, programs and services available supported by our kind, qualified team.
Parkwood’s food services and nutrition staff are proud to offer residents healthy, home-cooked meals, served three times daily plus snacks.
Safe and Secure
To ensure the health, safety and security of our residents, team members include:
- Friendly, kind and qualified staff
- 24-hour physician on-call
- 24-hour registered nursing staff
- Assistance with dressing, bathing, eating, and all other aspects of personal care is provided by trained staff
- Physiotherapy for residents who have been medically assessed as requiring this service
- Restorative care
- All exterior doors are equipped with alarms to prevent unauthorized entry or exit
- Coded alarm systems are located at the entrance to each Home Area
Services that may have associated fees
- Vision Care
- Dental Care
- Foot Care
- Audiology clinics
- Massage Therapy
Additional amenities include:
- Parkwood Hair Salon & Spa offers a wide range of hair care and aesthetic services for both men and women. Provided in our beautiful salon on the Garden Level, a fee is charged for these services. Residents or their families may schedule appointments as desired. Gift certificates are available for purchase at the Hair Salon.
- Kindred Credit Union provides banking services
Where to begin
Please call our Reception at 519.885.4810 for more information and to schedule a tour.
Admission to Parkwood is through Home and Community Care Support Services, Waterloo Wellington.
If you have an urgent concern and/or complaint about Parkwood Mennonite Homes Inc., the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care’s ACTION Line is: 1 866 434 0144.
You are also welcome to call Parkwood directly at 519.885.4810.