“Let all that you do be done in love” 1 Corinthians 16:14
Parkwood Mennonite Home provides compassionate care to 96 residents in our Long-Term Care Home.
The Home is divided into three resident home areas: Bauman Homestead, Snyder’s Corner, and Weber Woods. Each resident area contains 32 beds along with spacious spas, intimate dining facilities and numerous lounges for family and friends to gather. Parkwood is pleased to offer a smoke-free facility with 58 private rooms in addition to 19 shared rooms divided by a privacy curtain or wall.
In addition to providing for the diverse needs of residents in Snyder’s Corner and Weber Woods, Bauman Homestead is designed to meet the special needs of residents with dementia and those who are at-risk of wandering.
Nursing and Personal Care Services
Our caring, registered nursing staff are on-site at all times. Assistance with dressing, bathing, eating, and all other aspects of personal care is provided by trained staff. All residents receive a choice of baths or showers twice a week.
The cultural diversity of our staff allows them to communicate in many different languages.
Parkwood Mennonite Home provides on-site medical services to all residents. Our Medical Director, Dr. David Grant, has provided on-site medical care and direction to Parkwood residents for over 30 years.
On Site Clinics:
- Vision Care is provided by the University of Waterloo, School of Optometry. Appointments will be arranged for any resident requiring care. Visits may be covered by OHIP.
- Dental Care services are available at Parkwood when needed. Our provider, Direct Dentistry, contacts the family directly to discuss needs and associated fees.
- Foot Care Clinics are provided at Parkwood by a trained Registered Pratical Nurse who specializes in foot care. A fee is charged for this service.
- Physiotherapy is available at Parkwood to residents who have been medically assessed as requiring this service.
- Restorative Care is a team-focused, comprehensive philosophy of care that encourages residents to be as physically independent as possible. Parkwood provides walking and exercise programs as well as feeding and eating assistance programs.
- Audiology clinics are held at Parkwood by Complete Hearing.
- Massage Therapy is provided on a fee-for-service basis at Parkwood by a certified massage therapist. Appointments can be arranged at the reception desk.
Our Nutrition Manager and Dietitian are proud to offer residents healthy, home cooked meals. Meals are served three times daily with snacks provided between meals. Breakfast is served at 8:00 a.m.; lunch is at 12:00 noon; and at 5:00 p.m. dinner is served.
- Kindred Credit Union provides weekly banking services
- Parkwood Hair Salon & Spa includes a wide range of hair care and aesthetic services for both men and women. Provided in our beautiful salon on the Garden Level, a fee is charged for these services. Residents or their families may schedule appointments as desired. Gift certificates are available for purchase at the Hair Salon.
Long-Term Care rooms are comfortably furnished with a bed, night table, lamp, wardrobe, dresser and chair. Low profile windowsills allow views of neighbourhood scenery. We encourage residents to bring family photos, pictures and momentos to create their own personal and familial sense of home.
Each resident is provided with a “Memory Box” at the entrance of their room to display their cherished life’s treasures. Rooms are cleaned or tidied daily and general laundry services are provided for all residents.
Safety and Security
For the security of our residents, all exterior doors are equipped with alarms to prevent unauthorized entry or exit. Coded alarm systems are also located at the entrance to each Home Area.
Each year, the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care establishes the accommodation rates charged to residents. There are some rate reductions that may be available to those who are unable to pay the full rate for a shared room.
For more information, contact your local Community Care Access Centre or the Administrator at Parkwood.
Resident Council and Family Council meetings are held regularly.